Successful appeal by the Greater Yellowstone Coalition sends case back to district court-
Federal appeals court blocks mine expansion. By Rebecca Boone. AP.
I was told that
In summary, the appellate court:
1. Issued a stay of mine development activities;
2. Ruled that the Idaho magistrate judge erred in disregarding GYC’s demonstration of harm to the Sage Creek roadless area from mine develoment activities;
3. Sent the case back to the magistrate judge for reconsideration of the preliminary injunction issue in light of the threat of harm to the roadless area;
4. Ruled that GYC had raised very serious questions on the merits; and
5. Provided that any future appeals in this litigation will go back to the same 9th Circuit panel.
Earlier on this issue http://en.wordpress.com/tag/smoky-canyon-mine/