Plume reached at least 50,000 feet high-
- Alaska volcano Mount Redoubt erupts
four5 times. Washington Post. By Mark Thiessen. The Associated Press
- Update 3/24. Alaska’s Mt. Redoubt volcano erupts a sixth time, sending ash plume 60,000 feet high. LA Times.
– – – – – –
– Although Governor Bobby Jindal may think volcano monitoring is a great waste of money, you can get good information at the Alaska Volcano Observatory.
– Added 3/25/2009. Don’t sneer at science — volcano monitoring saves lives. By Joel Connelly. Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Connelly points out the many beautiful and merely dormant “flamethrowers” of the Pacific Northwest.
– Added 3/25/2009. Photos of Alaskan Volcano’s Eruption. By Betsy Mason. Wired Magazine.