Editorial the the NYT stresses what should be a well known fact — cheapest source of new energy is greater efficiency-
Energy Inefficient. Editorial by the New York Times.
– – – – – – –
Update: President Obama already has online a new whitehouse.gov. On it, among many other things, he lists his policy goals in the following area “Create Millions of New Green Jobs”
* Ensure 10 percent of Our Electricity Comes from Renewable Sources by 2012, and 25 percent by 2025.
* Deploy the Cheapest, Cleanest, Fastest Energy Source – Energy Efficiency. [boldface and colors mine]
* Weatherize One Million Homes Annually.
* Develop and Deploy Clean Coal Technology.
* Prioritize the Construction of the Alaska Natural Gas Pipeline.